
I am a fan of WWE, but I dont know what happens to the stars after 20years of their retirement. If what is shown in "The Wrestler" is true, then I think they deserve better.
I have absolutely no idea about who Mickey Rourke is except that he played 'Marv' in Sin City (that too found out after seeing his filmography). The movie has a major part of shooting with the cameraman on foot around the actors giving a feeling of a home movie. The injuries shown in the movie from the glass, barb wire and staples are said to be really sustained by Mickey in the movie and all credit to him for going through it, after all he was a professional boxer and had to have his face reconstructed. Giving him a nomination, well thats debatable but he has done a fine enough job well worthy of credit. As for Marisa Tomei, no offence but what did she do do land a nomination alongside Meryl Streep and Kate Winslet. She's seen hardly in the movie and sometimes pole dancing or lap dancing.
All in all a decent movie to watch. Nothing in it that you will miss if you dont watch but do watch... (My Rating - 6.5/10)
No comments:
Post a Comment